Friday, December 24, 2010

Never Quit

I don't know if you get it
I really don't
Because I need you
I need you with me
To walk the streets
To hold my hands
To tell me how much you love me
To sit on the rocky chair outside our house
As we grow old together
Looking at dogs running
I need you to know
That all I ever wanted is you
That all I ever wished for
Is you, Nicholas
I don't know if you get that
Because I love you
I crossed oceans for you
Cracked the hard shell of mine
Just to spend the rest of my life with you
I am willing to kill my past and pull myself out of it
I didn't know how to
But because you gave me strength
You gave me more than what I have ever expected for
I am naked
For you
I am standing naked
In front of you and everybody
Not because I owe them anything
But I owe you
I owe you Me
Not just bits of myself
Not any less
Just the true, honest, me
And you don't see it
In fact
You think I am a jerk
I am a whore
And a slut
And it is okay
Because I know I am not
And I will show you
I will prove to you
That I am not
That I am worthy of your love
That I belong to you
That we belong to each other
I am a man
That once committed many mistakes
But now
I am here as your husband
Wanting to come home
I am a very, very good person
We are very good people
We make each other sane
We made love possible
You are not going to think that you can just leave
Because the stress was too much
We made a promise
You made a promise
That you will love me forever
That for better or worse
You will fix me
So this is my promise to you
I love you forever
Alone standing or not
I am loving you forever
Because you are my home
You are my life
You are my husband
And we don't quit on each other
We never quit on each other
Never did
Not now
And never will
I will pull you out from the grave if I have to
To tell you how much I love you
This is your one true love
Alive and standing
We never quit on each other
And
I love you

Forever yours,
Baby Raymond

No comments: